- Enhanced Creativity: Highlight a single color within a composition, give everything a playful toy model appearance or create a mind-boggling panoramic photo simply by panning the camera. Conquer tough shooting situations with modes for Night Portrait, Night Landscape and Backlighting, or switch to PSAM mode for complete camera control.
- Unique Motion Snapshot: Nikon 1’s unique Motion Snapshot lets you capture the essence of a moment like never before. Relive the feeling of watching a wave crash on the beach, or fireworks crashing overhead. And now it’s even easier to share the Motion Snapshots you create.
- Grab the Moment: There’s nothing worse than catching a special moment but finding out later that your subject was blinking or your shots are blurry. With Nikon 1’s Smart Photo Selector, you’ll always getthe best of what’s seen. It automatically shoots a sequence of photos and then selects the best of them for you.
- Shoot HD Video and Stills: Now you don’t have to choose between recording HD video or still photos capture both simultaneously!
- Revolutionary Sensor Technology: At the heart of the Nikon 1 system is a revolutionary new CX-format CMOS image sensor that captures every detail at blazing speeds and powers through low-light situations, but is small enough to keep the Nikon 1 system among the most compact, lightweight interchangeable lens cameras available.
The Nikon 1 J2 is the second generation of Nikon’s interchangeable-lens compact camera system, and while it generally carries a specsheet similar to that of its predecessor, the Nikon 1 J1, the J2 offers intriguing new features that put special effects and more sophisticated but intuitive controls in the hands of snapshooters in a surprisingly small and light camera. The Nikon 1 system is based on a new 10MP, 13.2×8.5mm CMOS sensor and CX-mount lenses, an entirely new mount that is optimized for the Nikon 1’s high-speed focusing and image-capture abilities. The big news on the Nikon 1 J2 is the Creative mode, accessed via a distinctive new icon on the camera’s mode dial. Creative Mode lets users choose from among 8 options: Night landscape, where the camera chooses a higher ISO; it goes up to 3200 and offers the same noise reduction as on the J1. Backlighting: In normal shooting mode, the camera adjusts for backlighting to expose for the shadows; when combining Backlighting with HDR, both shadow and highlight detail is preserved. Easy panorama mode (in both vertical and horizontal mode): Using on-screen guides, the user moves the camera to take in a wide view.The J2 detects hand motion and automatically adjusts for horizontal or vertical format panorama. Soft: Designed for flattering portraits and evocative scenes, Soft mode applies haze to the entire frame. Miniature effect: Focus is sharp in the center of the scr